Wednesday, May 16, 2007

smells like me

Me: Do you have any covers of Smells Like Teen Spirit?
Ryan: I don't think so
Ryan: I could find some
Me: k just thought I'd ask since you have the massive music collection
Me: my boss hates covers of Smells Like Teen Spirit so I am making a mix CD of all covers of Smells Like Teen Spirit to bring in tomorrow
Ryan: haha
Ryan: nice
Me: I'm calling it Smells Like Phoexx0r (name courtesy of Opt)
Ryan: Haha brilliant
Me: I have the string quartet cover, the bad plus cover, a They Might Be Giants cover, a Richard Cheese cover, the Paul Anka cover
Me: the Weird Al version
Me: the moog cookbook version
Ryan: haha nice I think you've got pretty much all of them
Me: and then I have a whole bunch of crappy ones I'm trying to decide whether or not to use
Me: I have a destiny's child/Nirvana mash up called Smells Like Teen Booty
Ryan: haha
Ryan: that's pretty bad
Me: and a mash up with Michael Jackson called Smells like Billie Jean
Ryan: haha
Me: and then there are a lot, lot, LOT of like crappy bands doing it crappily, or somewhat decent bands but the sound file is really crappy
Me: the They Might Be Giants version, btw, is GENIUS
Ryan: I can believe that
Phoemeister: two awesome things about it: accordions, and a guy doing a very good impression of singing backwards
Ryan: Haha nice
Me: also I feel like a psycho
Me: because my sister sent me this link to this thing that is a slide show of pictures of the 'phew
Me: and I was like, sitting in the dark, in my underwear, listening to various versions of Smells Like Teen Spirit, looking at pictures of a young tow-headed child.
Me: and I imagined what it would look like if someone just walked in on me like that
Ryan: haha
Ryan: Fuh-reak

No comments: